DJ-808 System Program (Ver.1.05)
How to know the version
Before you start, check the system program version of your DJ-808.
- Hold down the PANEL button on the left deck section and turn on the power.
- The version information screen appears.
- After checking version of the product, power off the DJ-808 without performing any button operation.
[ Ver.1.05 ] NOV 2016
- A function for adjusting the sensitivity of the performance pads was added.
Please refer to the "DJ-808 Ver. 1.05 Additional Function" in the [ Owner's Manuals ] page for detailed information.
What you will need to update your DJ-808
- USB cable
- A computer with a USB connector ( Windows, Mac OS X )
Caution when performing the update
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the DJ-808. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- Never power-off your DJ-808 while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the DJ-808 won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
Please open/extract the downloaded "dj808_sys_105.zip" file on your computer to get the update file in the "dj808_sys_105" folder.
Procedure for the update
- You must not rename the extracted file.
- Never turn off the DJ-808's power while the update is in progress. Otherwise the system program or the DJ-808 itself may be destroyed.
Please install the extracted system program file into your DJ-808 according to the following procedure.
- Hold down the [CLEAR] button and turn on the power.
The message "UPdt" appears on the display.
- Connect the computer to the DJ-808's USB port by a USB cable.
- Open the "DJ-808" drive folder in your personal computer.
- Copy (drag and drop) all the files included in the "dj808_sys_105" folder into the "DJ-808" icon.
* Do not copy the "dj808_sys_105" folder.
- After copying the file is completed, remove the USB drive from the personal computer.
Right-click on the "DJ-808" icon in My Computer and execute "Eject."With Mac
Drag the "DJ-808" icon to the Trash icon in the Dock.
- Disconnect the USB cable.
- Press the [ CLEAR ] button to start updating the file.
The message "Fin" will appear on the display when the update process completes.
- Turn the DJ-808 power off.
* At startup for the first time after the update, the [CLEAR] button might flash rapidly. Continue waiting until the unit starts normally.